Sunday, January 20, 2013

Peruvian Vacay: My Experience with TAM Brazilian Airlines
 [TAM] JJ 8066 GRU-LIM (São Paulo/Guarulhos->Lima) trip report
 [탐항공] JJ 8066 상파울루/과룰류스->리마 탑승기

The A330 that took me from São Paulo to Lima

JJ 8066 GRU-LIM (São Paulo/Guarulhos->Lima)
DEP GRU 8:55 18 JAN 2013
ARR LIM 11:15 18 JAN 2013
Flight Duration: 4:20
Aircraft: A330-200


Following my last trip report (JJ 8081 JFK-GRU), it was time for me to head to Peru from Brazil! I had two wonderful nights in São Paulo with my friends in Bom Retiro.  Most of the Korean Brazilian population is concentrated in Bom Retiro, Bras, or Liberdade. 
The flight to Peru was JJ 8066, A330-200 flight that would take 5 hours to get to the other side of the South American continent. The flight was scheduled to leave at 08:00 so I left for GRU airport at around 04:00 from Tiete Bus Terminal.  The time difference between Sao Paulo and Lima is 3 hours. 

Boarding time for JJ 8066 was at 8:15 in Terminal 2.

I thought that would be my flight, but it turned out to be a flight bound for US.

Terminal 2 gates were busy, hence why I had to take airport bus to my plane.

Breakfast. Peach Juice.

The gate agents were check people's passport for security measures.

The scene upon arrival at my plane.


The the right was a B777-300ER. Perhaps the same one I took from New York?

And the plane took off toward the Andes mountains.

A sandwich was served right after take off.

This is perhaps the Andes Mountains? After 4 hours of nap we were already on the Pacific coast.


And I received a snack and a Guarana Antartica drink.

Pacific Coast.



And here we are! Lima. You can see Miraflores from here.


And we landed around local time 11:00AM.


Jorge Chavez Airport. It is voted the best airport in South America.

Last shot at A330 before heading toward immigrations.


My friend picked me up for the airport. We were headed straight for San Isidro.

The best ceviche I've ever had! The spicy and vinegary taste is very addicting.

Miraflores. Looking toward Club Regatta Lima.


Peru's McDonald's got McNifica.

I tried the Lucuma-flavored frozen yogurt from the Pinkberry near JFK park. It was great!

Old downtown of Lima

Presidential palace.

Click on the following links for TAM Airlines Trip Report (JFK-GRU-LIM)

Click on the following links for my trip to Machu Picchu (including TACA Airlines Trip Reports)