Thursday, May 23, 2013

To Singapore with Air Asia
 [Air Asia] AK 1807 KUL-SIN (Kuala Lumpur->Singapore/Changi) trip report
 [에어아시아] AK 1807 쿠알라룸프르->싱가포르/창이 탑승기


AK 1807 KUL-SIN (Kuala Lumpur->Singapore/Changi)
DEP KUL 10:10 23 MAY 2013
ARR SIN 11:00 23 MAY 2013
Flight Duration: 00:50
Aircraft: A320-200

Following my last trip report (Air Asia X D7 505 ICN-KUL), I am writing trip report for the Air Asia Flight AK 1807, which took me from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore/Changi.
I just spent 11 hours surfing the internet and taking series of naps on the floors in the KLIA LCCT. I had a choice of spending about 60-80 USD to get a room at the Tunes Hotels nearby, but I decided to save some money and spent the night at the terminal.
Overall, sleeping on the floors of LCCT wasn't a bad experience. Only bad thing was that it was very hot and humid outside, so I mostly slept inside the terminal where there was less passenger traffic.  There were plenty of other people (I've seen many Australians sleeping on the floor with their surfboards), so I wasn't worried at all for my personal safety.

I decided to sleep next to the Coffee Bean, next to the domestic arrivals area. The doors next to me didn't operate during the nighttime, so it was relatively quiet where I was. I was able to plug in my iphone and use the free internet in the terminal..

I woke up as the terminal got gradually louder. It was about 7AM in the morning.

I walked toward the Food Garden. It's about two minute walk north of the LCCT toward tunes hotel.
 
There was KFC and other restaurants in the food garden.

I headed back to LCCT in order to check-in for my flight to Singapore/Changi.

You can see my flight AK 1807 on the left side of the departures screen. The status was "on-time".

Air Asia charges fee for counter use, so use self-check in here to avoid the fees.

The boarding pass should have numbers (S## or R##) so use the numbers to follow the signs. I am not sure if it's the same case for Terminal 2.

Taste of Asia, which was right across McDonald's. I do not know if this restaurant also moved to Terminal 2.

Nasi Goreng~

After eating, I headed toward passport control and customs.

Follow the signs for Perlpesan Antarabangsa, which means international departures.
 
Hallway and escalator towards international departures.

The passport control and security checkpoint at the top of the escalators.

The gates were accessible by taking another set of escalators down to first floor by Dunkin' Donuts.

All gates were located on the first floor.



T10 gate was processing departures for Bali-bound passengers.

And 30 minutes later, my flight's boarding process began.

On the way to our plane. My plane is the second one to the left.

It was pretty hot outside so I was sweating.

You will be walking with other passengers walking to other flights so make sure you don't get lost! (This scene would forever be missed. LCCT closed down in 2014).

A little concourse.

Not all of these people were bound for Singapore. Some were bound for Jakarta and other cities of Indonesia.

F54 was where my flight would be departing from.

Air Asia ground staff are very strict about people taking pictures.

Plane interior.

You can see KLIA Terminal 1 satellite concourse.

I was first seated here, since I wasn't assigned a window seat at first.

I asked a flight attendant if I could seat on window seat right before push back. She kindly allowed me to change seat.

The right wing view

Push-back

The Air Asia X A330 bound for Australia.


The same A330 was about to take-off.

One more snapshot toward LCCT.

And the plane took off around 10:10AM.

And the plane immediately turned left.

It would be a 45 min long flight to Singapore.

I received immigration card from the flight attendants.

30 minutes after take off the plane started to descend.

I think this may be the western part of the Singapore Island.

And we were landing into Singapore/Changi Airport!

You can see the "Changi" sign far away.

Singapore Airlines A380.

Taxing to Terminal 1

Disembarking


And my first steps into Singapore.

Terminal 1 may be the oldest of Singapore/Changi, but it's far better than most of the terminals in the USA.

Terminal 1 Arrival Immigration floor

The MRT, which is Singapore's subway line system, can be accessed by going to Terminal 2 or 3.

And terminal 2 or 3 can be accessed by taking the skytrain.

On the Skytrain.

Following the signs to "Train to City" will lead to the MRT station.

Singapore/Changi Airport MRT station is located underground. There are long escalators from Terminals 2 and 3 down to the station.
 
At the bottom of the escalator.

MRT system in Singapore reminds me of the MTR system in Hong Kong.

Boarding the train for Singapore downtown.

I had chicken and rice with my friend living in Singapore~

Of top of the Singapore's new Marina Bay Sands Resort Hotel.

Click the following link for my non-stop flight back from SIN to ICN!