Monday, May 26, 2014

To Korea with Hawaiian Airlines: The Return Flight Edition
 [Hawaiian Airlines] HA 460 ICN-HNL (Seoul/Incheon->Honolulu) trip report
 [하와이안항공] HA 460 서울/인천->호놀룰루 탑승기

HA 460 ICN-HNL (Seoul/Incheon->Honolulu)
DEP ICN 26 MAY 2014 21:05
ARR HNL 26 MAY 2014 11:15
Flight Duration: 7:15
Aircraft: A330-200
Courtesy of www.flightaware.com
Korea was fun, but it was time to go back home to the states. I went back to the same way I came to Korea, taking Hawaiian Airlines from Seoul/Incheon to San Diego with a stopover in Honolulu Airport.  A Layover can be fun and good for outbound flights, but for return flights, it can be annoying and time-wasting.  I would've elected to take a nonstop flight from Seoul to San Diego, but unfortunately there's none.. Hopefully Korean Air or Asiana could launch a non-stop flight to San Diego in near future!


My flight was scheduled to depart at 21:05, but I found out that there was a 55 min delay due to delay of the arriving aircraft (HA 459). It got me a little bit worried because I had a flight to catch from Honolulu to San Diego..
I decided to take a chill pill and relax by drinking Jamba Juice in the satellite terminal.


And here it arrives! about an hour later than scheduled.
All of the Koreans finishing off their vacays in Hawaii were disembarking.
The status changed to "Ready to Board" in Gate 110.
And I was one of the first in the economy class line.
The plane did look pristine.
I realize the difference between the domestic A330 and international A330 in Hawaiian fleet. It looks like the seats in the international A330s have more darker shades of blue.

Each seat had water, amenity kit, and light blue pillows.

Next to me was a Beijing-bound China Southern A320.

People who have taken Hawaiian Airlines many times are probably familiar with the music they turn on inflight before the push-back. It's very soothing and relaxing. I tried to download them on internet.
The flight attendants were passing around postcard/menu cards.
For dinner tonight is Korean Beef Bulgogi and Steamed Rice
Right before take off, looking toward the main terminal building.
So long, Seoul!

I had a good look at Seoul before leaving Korea for good :]




U.S. Customs and Border Protection Card were passed out.

The lighting mood shifted and the flight attendants were preparing for dinner service.



The meal was excellent! The bulgogi was very nicely done. The flight attendant (knowing that I'm Korean) asked me if I wanted Gochujang (pepper paste), and I gladly accepted one.
Bulgogi and Rice close-up.
After eating it all, the same flight attendant asked me if I wanted more, so I took it :]


At that point the plane was crossing over Japan.
At the mid point between Japan and Hawaii, the sun started to rise.



1 Hour prior to landing, the flight attendants started to distribute breakfast goodie-bags.

It contained banana, yogurt, muffin, and croissant.
Looks like there's cartering partnering going on between Hawaiian and Korean.











When we landed there was a Incheon-bound (or Narita bound) Korean Air 747 taxing.

To the customs!
After relaxing a little in the USO Hawaii... (it's a little bit hard to find).
I headed for San Diego bound HA 16. The HA 460 which took me here will fly to Sydney, Australia

Code share with Korean Air









HA 16
DEP HNL 26 MAY 2014 14:10
ARR SAN 26 MAY 2014 22:40


As I have said before, the domestic A330 seats are lighter in color.

My seat was right before the Business class. There is a small (and useless) curtain that flight attendants use to separate economy and business section of that room.

And at this point I would hear that familiar Hawaiian Airlines song.


We were following a Chicago-bound United Airlines aircraft.




Honolulu downtown

And there you can see Diamond Head and Waikiki beach.


I always order that Pass-O-Guava Juice.

The meal came out about 2 hours after take-off.

At first I didn't know what that was.

Seemed more like a sandwich. It had chicken inside with creamy sauce. I didn't like it much.




At around 10:30pm, I landed into San Diego International Airport.
Hopefully, Korean Air would do a non-stop flight to San Diego.  But a stopover in Honolulu for the outbound flight worked out great for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment