Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Taipei Wonders
 [China Airlines] CI 162 TPE-ICN (Taipei/Taoyuan->Seoul/Incheon) trip report
 [중화항공] CI 162 타이페이/타오위안->서울/인천 탑승기

CI 162 TPE-ICN (Taipei/Taoyuan->Seoul/Incheon)
DEP TPE 16:20 27 FEB 2013
ARR ICN 20:00 27 FEB 2013
Duration: 2:40
Aircraft: B737-700


Following my last trip report (Korean Air KE 691 ICN->TPE Trip Report Link), I'm posting my trip report back from Taipei/Taoyuan Airport to Seoul/Incheon Airport. Unlike the previous flight, this flight was with China Airlines, and the flight number was CI 162. The aircraft was B737-700, and seats had no AVOD system on them. 
Taipei/Taoyuan is currently divided in to Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, both dominated by China Airlines and EVA Airlines.  

Korean Air counter in Taipei/Taoyuan Airport.

Many construction activities were taking place within the terminal and around both terminals. I believe Terminal 3 was under construction at this time.

I was able to use the China Airlines business lounge this time, since Korean Air and China Airlines were both Skyteam members.

Dim sums and Chinese Pork Buns.

The touch-screen ordering system for noodles.

After you place an order, the cook prepares it right away.


I was starving to death, so it was perfect timing for me.

I saw many Japanese businessmen in the lounge. Overall, it was a quiet lounge with good ambiance. The only bad thing is that it did not have exterior windows.
My boarding pass for today's flight.

I was debating whether purchase this 1:200 A380-800 Korean Air model. I eventually bought the model in the end. It set me back about 60 USD (which was pretty good deal).

In order to board the B737, we had to take an airport shuttle from the gate.

The B737 China Airlines.

Unfortunately, no AVOD system here.

Waiting for push-back.

In-flight meal service commenced about an hour after take off. The choices was either fish or beef.
 
It was probably one of the worst meals I've ever had in-flight. The meal wasn't fish.. it was some kind of fish cake that felt way too dry. The sauce that came with the dish wasn't even good either.

Overall, not an eventful flight. We arrived into Korean Airspace in no time.