Friday, April 4, 2014

Long-haul Flight Back to Korea with Air Asia X
 [Air Asia X] D7 506 KUL-ICN (Kuala Lumpur->Seoul/Incheon) trip report
 [에어아시아X] D7 506 쿠알라룸프르->서울/인천 탑승기


D7 506 KUL-ICN (Kuala Lumpur->Seoul/Incheon)
DEP KUL 17 JUN 2013 1:00
ARR ICN 17 JUN 2013 8:20
Flight Duration: 6:20
Aircraft: A330-300

After my flight from Pekanbaru (Air Asia AK 1341 Pekanbaru->Kuala Lumpur Trip Report) and some 6 hours of layover in Kuala Lumpur Airport's LCCT (now defunct), it was time to board the Air Asia X flight back to Korea. My flight, which was Air Asia X D7 506 bound for Seoul/Incheon, was due to depart from KUL at local time 1:00AM, arriving into ICN 8:20AM. It was an overnight flight.
I had some time to kill so I paid about 25 MYR to take a bus to downtown Kuala Lumpur. The trip took me about 1 hour and 30 minutes.  I arrived back at KLIA LCCT at about 11PM. The traffic was great so I had no worries about missing my flight. 
 
Back in LCCT after trip to downtown Kuala Lumpur.

It was hot and humid, so I immediately headed into the terminal, which was very well air-conditioned.
 
This restaurant was located on the other side of the McDonald's in LCCT. I loved their Nasi Lemaks.

International Departures for tonight

Most international check-in counters in KLIA LCCT were in the 'S' section. Check-in counter for the Seoul-bound flight was S42.
 
Most of the international flights that were open at this time were overnight flights bound for Japan, China, or Australia.

The check-in counter for my flight to Seoul/Incheon
 
 
The walkway to security and customs for the international flights were accessible via the escalator.
 
The security and customs were located on the second floor.  After these checkpoints, the passengers would have to take escalators back down toward the gates area, where there were duty-free shops and restaurants.

Just some snacks I bought because I was hungry.

At 12AM we started the boarding process. We were first led into a large glass room. I think these two gates were used mostly for the Air Asia X flights.
 

And we walked outside on the ramp toward our Seoul/Incheon-bound A330.

 
 
 
 
My seat was located all the way at the end.

That red seat would be my seat.
 
The windows looked a bit dirty.. 

Inflight scene.

The windows indeed were in need of some cleaning.
 
At the time of push back.
 
At this point I was ear-plugged and ready to sleep for the next 6-7 hours. Rather than pay money for some water or food, I'd choose to sleep the whole flight.

I somehow woke up at perfect timing, right before the descent into the Seoul/Incheon Airport.


The 3-3-3 configuration wasn't a problem for my thin figure.
 
 
Approaching into ICN.
 

 
Incheon Airport was visible below.
 



Around 7:50AM, we landed into Seoul/Incheon Airport.
 

Bad thing about seating in the back is that I'd surely be the last one to get off.
 

Thanks to my earplugs, it was a nice 6-hour long sleep.
 

I'd recommend Air Asia X to anyone wanting to travel frugally. They definitely got great deals on flights, and got some comfortable seats (the pitches may not be so nice for tall people). The service is comparable to some domestic US airlines (plus the optional food and water at some cost). My advice is to just take some earplugs especially on those red-eye flights and sleep away the whole flight.



1 comment:

  1. If you have any questions regarding canon mg2922 setup problem or if you are still experiencing some annoying printer problems then just call us +1 800-684-5649.
    https://hprinterofficial.com/blog/canon-pixma-mg2922-setup/

    ReplyDelete